Interview with Franjo Tomljenovic
With your picture you won Paint-Inspector´s Field Guide from TQC. Could you describe a bit what the situation was about? When the picture was taken?
The picture was taken on 20 November 2012 in SPP-Gosung shipyard in South Korea. I accidentally walked around when MEGA (LARGE) Block was transported from barges those transported it from another yard. I'm working on this project from the beginning of January 2012. It is the construction of six vessels Product Carriers, this project goes as planned and last ship is planned to be completed sometime in the end of May 2013.
- What is the background of you as a paint inspector – how did you encounter that kind of job?
I have been a freelancer for last 10 years and I always look forward to new challenges. I have 35 years experience in this painting business, I mostly found jobs thanks to referrals from my friends and also my private website helps me in it.
- Your project makes you travel all around the world. Where furthest from Croatia have you been?
I travel all around the world and I've been working in Libya for 5 years. Libyan desert charmed and impressed me. I have also been to Uzbekistan, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, China, South Korea and lots of other countries where I were on short business trips.
- What do you like about your profession?
I like rust and paint which flows in my blood over a period of my 35 years experience in this painting business.
- Is there also something what you do not like?
I have no bad experiences and mostly all were eventually satisfied that the work is done
- Where is your next project taking place?
I try to find next project somewhere here in South Korea, which I prefer, also China would be great or anywhere in the world.
My hobbies are photoshooting and movie making.
- Please continue in following sentence with first thing coming to your mind:
I always wanted to… be a truck driver.