An instrument for measuring flow properties. The chief types of viscometers are as follows: capillary, rotational, outflow or efflux (Ford cup, usually called orifice type), falling ball, tackmeter (radial flow type), bubble type. The term “viscometer” is preferred to “viscosimeter.”

By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics and personalized content. Read more.